WhatPulse Forums
Kicking users from a team - Printable Version

+- WhatPulse Forums (http://whatpulse.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Feature requests (/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: Kicking users from a team (/showthread.php?tid=432)

Pages: 1 2

Kicking users from a team - Erkens - 11-23-2008 01:27 PM

Hi,

We have just kicked a user from our team, but after this he has rejoined our team so we kicked him again. We can't find any option to ban a user from our team.

Is it possible to prevent a user from rejoining our team?

Kicking users from a team - FamilienVater - 11-23-2008 11:36 PM

I'd say, you might consider setting a password for team.

Kicking users from a team - Erkens - 11-24-2008 06:40 AM

FamilienVater Wrote:I'd say, you might consider setting a password for team.

That is not a solution for this problem, and then again no one other could join without that password.

Kicking users from a team - X-Kal - 12-01-2008 06:33 AM

To my knowledge, I don't think there's any way to ban members from a team, although that might be an interesting feature we could consider adding. That being said though, I think WhatPulse staffers would want to avoid dealing with conflict resolution. For example, I'm not too eager to answer emails that ask "Why was I banned from Team Omega?" and so forth. That kind of stuff tends to get messy.

Kicking users from a team - Erkens - 12-01-2008 08:18 AM

X-Kal Wrote:That being said though, I think WhatPulse staffers would want to avoid dealing with conflict resolution. For example, I'm not too eager to answer emails that ask "Why was I banned from Team Omega?" and so forth. That kind of stuff tends to get messy.
I see your "problem", however you could make a FAQ item about this saying that when banned from a team you should address the team manager or join an other team. Ofcourse you will get messages from some users, but you could just ignore them (or reply with a default message).
Next I'm asking that the benefit from the kick-option is when a user could simple rejoin. When I kick an user, it means I don't want him in my team for some reason.

Kicking users from a team - Bowser - 04-03-2009 06:42 PM

Bump.

Is there any progress on this?

Kicking users from a team - Erkens - 04-03-2009 08:08 PM

We have (again) some troubles with an user we don't want in our team, but he is still getting back. I would really want a possibility to ban that user from our team.

Ofcourse that would mean that there would be some complaints from banned users, but a simple solution would be to display message why someone is banned with a possibility to contact the person who have banned him when the user tries to join the team.

Kicking users from a team - Century0 - 04-03-2009 08:16 PM

Please message me with names and userids.

~Century0

Kicking users from a team - Erkens - 04-03-2009 09:14 PM

I have sent a message to you

Kicking users from a team - Erkens - 04-04-2009 03:25 PM

Because this guy is still trying to join our team and we kick him every time, one of our teammembers has come with an other solution: set a maximum of changing teams to once a week.