WhatPulse Forums
You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more - Printable Version

+- WhatPulse Forums (http://whatpulse.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Forum: Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+--- Thread: You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more (/showthread.php?tid=162)

Pages: 1 2

You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more - nimd4 - 11-20-2007 06:34 AM

Trying to reply to the thread, System Tray icon is Broke,
Code:
h**p://forums.whatpulse.org/showthread.php?t=4203
...I got the following message when trying to post some (ImageShack) screenshots (as "Thumbnail for forums (1)"):

Quote:The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:

1. You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more.
That sux0rz :( It isn't links or advertizing, but ah well..:) Even here, the thread link above has to be put in CODE tags because of the same reason (same error message); At least, perhaps that PHP can be edited to allow (local) forums links?!?? :D edit: Scratch that, even using the CODE tags, the URL to the thread wasn't allowed (hence "h**p://").

You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more - bobL - 11-20-2007 07:58 AM

We used to get a *lot* of spam, hence the precautions.

I think now though this restriction could be lifted because there really hasn't been much, if any, for quite some time.

You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more - smitmartijn - 11-20-2007 07:09 PM

bobL Wrote:I think now though this restriction could be lifted because there really hasn't been much, if any, for quite some time.

You haven't seen any, because they can't post urls. ;-)

You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more - X-Kal - 11-21-2007 05:05 PM

I don't think we should remove the restrictions at all... BUT I think it'd be alright to reduce the 15 number to something like 5. I don't think we've seen anyone post that many spam posts before.

You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more - bobL - 11-22-2007 12:37 AM

X-Kal Wrote:reduce the 15 number to something like 5.

I could live with that. :]

You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more - luddite - 07-29-2008 03:51 AM

I am at 12 posts now. 3 to go so i can add a link to a image and a gadget i just made.
________
Og kush seeds

You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more - luddite - 07-29-2008 03:51 AM

That is actually 13 posts now.
________
Live sex webshows

You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more - luddite - 07-29-2008 03:52 AM

You would not believe it - i was incorrect. 14 posts now.
________
Medical marijuana card

You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more - luddite - 07-29-2008 03:53 AM

Now 15.

Check out my next non waiting post
________
HARMED BY ZOLOFT

You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more - CirtexHosting - 08-07-2008 12:34 PM

I think that is good idea with limitations. 15 is honest