WhatPulse Forums » Feature requests » Client software v » Suggestion - Computer Hours Welcome back, Guest.

Poll: What Do You Want, Computer/Whatpulse Uptime?
Computer Usage Uptime
Whatpulse Usage Uptime
Either/Both Usage Uptime
None, Don't Like The Idea of Uptime
No Opinion, Can't Say What I Think About Uptime
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Suggestion - Computer Hours
03-20-2009, 05:38 AM
X-Kal Wrote:which means that the people in the lead will have the top score.

Well, yeah. Usually that's what happens. What happens in Motavia when someone's leading? Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2009, 05:40 AM
bobL Wrote:Well, yeah. Usually that's what happens. What happens in Motavia when someone's leading? Wink

Last I checked, Mother Brain was leading in Motavia.

[Image: XKalSig1.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-20-2009, 05:49 AM
bobL Wrote:Well, yeah. Usually that's what happens. What happens in Motavia when someone's leading? Wink

:lol:

Is there a way to make whatpulse know when you are not at the computer, like WLM have?

If you don't move or click anything at all, the counter stops counting after 5 minutes, so if you move or click your mouse or click a key the counter starts again untill you stop, it then keeps going for 5 minutes again. If you know what I mean Tongue

"You don't know when you might need a tank" - Jericho
Homepage: http://Quarzi.mine.nu/eng for the non swedes x)
03-20-2009, 06:03 AM
Quarzi Wrote::lol:

Is there a way to make whatpulse know when you are not at the computer, like WLM have?

If you don't move or click anything at all, the counter stops counting after 5 minutes, so if you move or click your mouse or click a key the counter starts again untill you stop, it then keeps going for 5 minutes again. If you know what I mean Tongue

I believe it's possible to measure active vs idle time, although some of us really don't want to know how much time we spend in front of our computer :-P

[Image: XKalSig1.png]
03-20-2009, 06:10 AM
X-Kal Wrote:I believe it's possible to measure active vs idle time, although some of us really don't want to know how much time we spend in front of our computer :-P

Hahaha, but you still have a option to turn it off :wink:

03-20-2009, 01:32 PM
That sounds like a good idea Quarzi, maybe not five minutes, lets say 2-3 minutes maybe, well this number can be written into Whatpulse (so people can't change it), just mesuring the amount of time people have been using the pc rather than it just being on.(no completely accurate but pretty good) .

Join My Team The Universal Union, No password and were Universally Pulsing to the end
03-20-2009, 04:21 PM
Beardie27 Wrote:That sounds like a good idea Quarzi, maybe not five minutes, lets say 2-3 minutes maybe, well this number can be written into Whatpulse (so people can't change it), just mesuring the amount of time people have been using the pc rather than it just being on.(no completely accurate but pretty good) .
That's still going to be very inaccurate if people watch movies on their computer. Setup a movie & sit and watch without any keyboard/mouse interaction for a few hours, but technically you're still there at the computer.

I don't think it's possible to count the number of hours you use your computer without it being really inaccurate and pointless.

GitHub
Wishlist - Have I helped you in some way? Thank me by buying something on my wishlist! (There's even cheap things I need so you don't have to break your bank thanking me :3)
[Image: 227041.jpg]
03-20-2009, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2009 04:46 PM by Quarzi.)
Then we take an other example.
The windows screensaver, how does it know when I'm watching a movie either in fullscreen or a window and don't turn my screensaver on?
If whatpulse made something like that, the problem would be solved?

I know it probably going according to if you have a fullscreen app running, but my screensaver never turns on even if I'm watching a movie in window mode.

But isn't that a good thing, that it's not counting when you are watching a movie or such? If I understand you right you want to "work" for your counting. (mileage, keys, clicks, and now also time if it gets implanted)

So lets call it "time spent on keyboard and mouse" instead of "uptime" then?

03-20-2009, 05:02 PM
Well if this was going to measure how much time you spend using our mouse and keyboard, then why would we have to worry about it not recording whilst watching a movie?

So the idea, of "Time Spent on Keyboard and Mouse" would sound good.

Join My Team The Universal Union, No password and were Universally Pulsing to the end
03-20-2009, 05:11 PM
Quarzi Wrote:If I understand you right you want to "work" for your counting. (mileage, keys, clicks, and now also time if it gets implanted)

So lets call it "time spent on keyboard and mouse" instead of "uptime" then?
That's just it, You can't accurately count how long someone has been using their keyboard and mouse, the only thing you can accurately count is the computer's uptime which is completely useless and hundreds of other programs can already do this.

GitHub
Wishlist - Have I helped you in some way? Thank me by buying something on my wishlist! (There's even cheap things I need so you don't have to break your bank thanking me :3)
[Image: 227041.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Suggestion: Geek window responsiveness Robby250 5 2,694 10-01-2014 06:04 AM
Last Post: smitmartijn
  Most active hours view Kukis13 0 1,283 08-12-2014 08:29 AM
Last Post: Kukis13
  Suggestion - Power Beardie27 5 6,194 03-27-2009 11:50 PM
Last Post: Beardie27
  Suggestion-- Vista "gadget" masuccj 22 26,372 08-06-2008 05:16 AM