WhatPulse Forums » Community » Dashboard Beta » Feedback on Mobile/Desktop Welcome back, Guest.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Feedback on Mobile/Desktop
05-29-2016, 01:33 PM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2016 01:35 PM by Wopian.)
Feedback on Mobile/Desktop
Checked it out on the first day on mobile and kinda forgot to sift through it on desktop.

---

MOBILE

---

The dashboard is currently unusable on mobile. While the site is responsive, the navigation bar goes half-width when clicking the hamburger. Clicking it again makes it go to 1/8 the width - the menu items never appear.

The navigation/sidebar works fine on landscape however.

[Image: Fyq9bd0l.png][Image: ISOU6eNl.png]

-

The text-based widgets display fine on portrait. However the bar/line/heatmap charts only fill 1/2 the widget (see above) - which itself doesn't span the entire viewport width. Pie charts display fine.

-

It's near impossible to scroll down the page past the 3 line/bar charts as tapping and swiping up instead moves the widget up the screen. This could be solved by having an "edit mode" which enables the widgets to be freely moved and resized. This would prevent accidentally moving widgets around and wouldn't hijack scrolling for normal use.

-

Finally, the edit widget modal. On landscape everything fits and works fine when the "Chart" type is selected. On the "Text" type, the "Insert Statistic" dropdown goes outside the modal and the WYSIWYG editor goes out of the modal and off-screen.

[Image: kFoGaFel.png]

On portrait, the "Chart" type also works fine. On the "Text" type, the "Insert Statistic" dropdown is off-screen as well as half the WYSIWYG editor. The close/save buttons are also off-screen (which is visible on landscape)

---

DESKTOP

---

This may be because I currently don't have an active premium account, but the charts only show data from 29 Dec '15 to 28 Jan '16 - where I had premium since September in that period. It also doesn't show the data from when I had Premium in past years (which I believe the stats on the premium page do)

-

Allow changing the "Auto refresh" time. I pulse every hour, so leaving this open with auto refresh on would be sending 5 requests before getting updated values.

-

Allow displaying statistics from individual computers

-

You can move the widgets so far to the right that they'll snap into place offscreen (increasing the browser viewport width will display the widget, but there's no horizontal scrollbar).

Before:
[Image: UunUS28l.png]
Clicked top right widget and dragged to the far edge of my 2nd monitor:
[Image: Yrb7Ba7l.png]
Resized chrome to both monitors:
[Image: NmZQtM7l.png]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply