WhatPulse Forums » Support » Client software v » [SOLVED] I think something went wrong but i'm not sure what happened exactly. Welcome back, Guest.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[SOLVED] I think something went wrong but i'm not sure what happened exactly.
01-01-2015, 03:47 AM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2015 07:05 PM by smitmartijn.)
Question [SOLVED] I think something went wrong but i'm not sure what happened exactly.
So, some days ago WhatPulse tried to pulse automatically, just like it always does when i have reached 50k keystrokes. But it didn't succeed for some reason. If i remember right, the notification which it gave me said that there was a connection timeout. Later it tried autopulsing again but this time the notification said something about the tokens and asked me if i had used "this token" on another computer.

I'm not sure what the token is exactly, but i know i use different computer names for the two laptops which i use. So there shouldn't be problems about their names. I think i did pulse once with my less used laptop just a little earlier than when the problems started.

There has been a couple reboots in the laptop where the problem was(which i'm using now when i'm writing this message), since the first error notification. I just performed the second reboot and then manually successfully pulsed.

But i still had some keystrokes that were unpulsed after that pulse(you can see them here: http://puu.sh/dUJ3p/ebd0fd3453.jpg ) and i'm not sure how i can get rid of them or what i should do to them(since i had to change my password to be able to login here as i had forgot my password[since i usually don't have a reason to login here, heh Tongue], i probably can't even pulse the rest anymore anyways X) ). I'm not even 100% sure if they were from an unsuccessful pulse or have been made after them.

I did try to pulse them, however, but it gave me this error message: http://puu.sh/dUI8D/86b2d054dd.jpg

Oh, and at some point between the error notification and the current moment i visited my WhatPulse profile and saw that there had been a double pulse for some reason: http://whatpulse.org/Janmeeba#pulses I just noticed that there is an option for me to delete any of those pulses... and i noticed that the earlier one of those pulses has got two keystrokes made in Chrome more than the one that is above it. Which one of them should i delete? Or should somebody else do something about this thing? Confused
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2015, 01:57 PM
RE: I think something went wrong but i'm not sure what happened exactly.
Hi Janmeeba,

I don't see any double pulses on your profile, did you delete them already? Also, if you're getting a throttle message, it means the keys per second since the last pulse is too high. Solution is easy, just wait a while before trying again.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-01-2015, 04:17 PM
RE: I think something went wrong but i'm not sure what happened exactly.
(01-01-2015 01:57 PM)smitmartijn Wrote:  Hi Janmeeba,

I don't see any double pulses on your profile, did you delete them already? Also, if you're getting a throttle message, it means the keys per second since the last pulse is too high. Solution is easy, just wait a while before trying again.

Yeah, seems like somebody else deleted one of that pair of pulses for me. Tongue Don't know who, but thanks to him/her! :3 I just logged out and logged back in to my Whatpulse clients on both of my laptops, after changing my password(as i forgot it again...), and those old unpulsed keystrokes from the laptop which had the problem went away. So, all my problems are fixed now again.

Oh, and Happy New Year! Smile
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [SOLVED] Can't run the Linux version [Driver not loaded Driver not loaded] radioz 2 647 06-20-2019 11:54 AM
Last Post: radioz
  [SOLVED] Error uploading keyboard/mouse heatmap Wopian 2 564 03-17-2017 12:26 PM
Last Post: Wopian
  [SOLVED] [postmortem] Pulse error: "The specified configuration cannot be used." dgw 4 1,228 03-03-2017 09:54 PM
Last Post: dgw
  [SOLVED] Client crashes on startup v. 2.7 Win10x64 Lttngblt 11 2,270 10-08-2016 06:43 PM
Last Post: smitmartijn
  [SOLVED] OS X no longer starts, crashes on startup stuthemonkey 3 816 10-01-2016 06:34 PM
  [SOLVED] Best solution for delaying whatpulse until after panel loads fennectech 1 839 09-15-2016 03:36 AM
Sad [SOLVED] The only thing that kept me from using whatpulse itzhalo 3 1,192 09-07-2016 09:53 AM
  [SOLVED] Facts window occassional displays strange formats/information d3ullist 1 848 07-08-2016 09:38 PM
  [SOLVED] Problem with Logitech Keyboard Widget Mattie112 2 932 03-25-2016 07:29 PM
Last Post: Mattie112
  [SOLVED] Windows 10, WinPcap and Internet traffic Sm00chY 7 3,954 03-21-2016 05:50 PM
Last Post: Wynand