WhatPulse Forums » Support » Website v » Users losing keys Welcome back, Guest.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Users losing keys
02-03-2009, 02:42 PM
Users losing keys
Ben.Hahlen Wrote:Just tell me one thing:
HOW do you know that he pulsed with the same profile?

The same way you know that he didn't: You don't.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2009, 02:47 PM
Users losing keys
There we have it =) No proof, no valid reason, nothing ^^
02-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Users losing keys
bobL Wrote:The same way you know that he didn't: You don't.
Right.
So then you are also not sure that he cheated, nor are you sure that his pulses came from the same profile, which in turn defeats all your "it's obvious", "I have given arguements", "the proof is there", etc posts.

In fact, it all boils down to this:
There is no way to know if someone is a cheater or not by looking at AvKPS. If that were true, I would be a cheater as well, as I have some pulses with high AvKPS. As there is no way to tell that these pulses were made from different profiles, you could conclude that I am a cheater. Then again, you could conclude that I am not, however, you can never be sure as there is no real proof to be shown.
02-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Users losing keys
bobL Wrote:The Profile's main purpose is so WhatPulse can be run on multiple computers at the same time without errors...
But if you use it exactly like you say, your pulses will be deleted. Tongue
02-03-2009, 02:57 PM
Users losing keys
Ben.Hahlen Wrote:Right.
So then you are also not sure that he cheated, nor are you sure that his pulses came from the same profile, which in turn defeats all your "it's obvious", "I have given arguements", "the proof is there", etc posts.

In fact, it all boils down to this:
There is no way to know if someone is a cheater or not by looking at AvKPS. If that were true, I would be a cheater as well, as I have some pulses with high AvKPS. As there is no way to tell that these pulses were made from different profiles, you could conclude that I am a cheater. Then again, you could conclude that I am not, however, you can never be sure as there is no real proof to be shown.

Everything is based on opinion. We're on the same boat here, just on different sides of the lake. As I've said, the final conclusion that these pulses we illegitimate had nothing to do with the AvKPS.

If you like, we can stop our efforts to remove cheaters altogether and just let it pile up and turn WhatPulse into a wasteland. Or we can continue trying to combat illegitimate pulses, get a few false positives along the way and ride off into the sunset. It's your choice, but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't bother be here if it weren't for the anti-cheat efforts.

corné Wrote:But if you use it exactly like you say, your pulses will be deleted. Tongue

Yes, because we've deleted every single pulse on WhatPulse since we introduced 1.5 in 2006. Oh, wait. This is an isolated incident.
02-03-2009, 02:57 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2009 03:02 PM by Pimorez.)
Users losing keys
bobL Wrote:Well, you know, he could have double pulsed on the same profile... or just not used a profile at all and used an older client = cheating/hacking. Obvious, right?

Ehm, if I´m right, the CLIENT of 1.4.7 does not allow you to pulse keys with more then 4 AvKPS.. So IF he tried to pulse that amount of keys with 1.4.7, he wasn´t able to because it would be blocked..

EDIT: This is based on people who are reported several times for cheating and who have been deleted for cheating already (2nd acc) and have pulses of 3.98 Keys per sec for a pulse, so these are clearly cheating as if 1.4.7 would'nt block the pulses of higher then 4.00 they wouldn't have had 3.98..

I hate cheaters :evil:

[Image: 186449.jpg]
02-03-2009, 03:02 PM
Users losing keys
Why would I cheat I dont type very much, i only have about 12 (14) million keys over the last years. My pulses get deleted while I dont do anything wrong. Then there are users who pulse more than 100M with 1 pulse and nobody cares a bit. I think you are all missing the point. Ah well too bad.
02-03-2009, 03:11 PM
Users losing keys
Pimorez Wrote:EDIT: This is based on people who are reported several times for cheating and who have been deleted for cheating already (2nd acc) and have pulses of 3.98 Keys per sec for a pulse, so these are clearly cheating as if 1.4.7 would'nt block the pulses of higher then 4.00 they wouldn't have had 3.98..

...What?

I stand corrected on the 1.4.7 issue, but that paragraph makes no sense Tongue
02-03-2009, 03:15 PM
Users losing keys
Lol what Pimorez says has nothing do to with this..
02-03-2009, 03:24 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2009 03:38 PM by Pimorez.)
Users losing keys
Sorry, typing something while gaming isn't going well for me Big Grin

What I tried to say:

This is based on people who are reported several times, and 1 (Meeschka or Meeshka) who has been deleted but cheated on a 2nd acc.
Those cheaters in the old days before 1.5 all had pulses of basically 3.5 AvKPS or higher.. Today, people still pulse with 1.4.7 (or at least they did a few weeks ago) with AvKPS of 3.98 and stuff (no profiles, but they do have 3.98 AvKPS from a pulse of 1mil+ keys).. This way I assume that 1.4.7 blocks pulses with an AvKPS which is HIGHER then 4.00. So these WP users could NEVER have pulsed these keys with 1.4.7 because then the pulses would've been blocked.

Including that he also pulsed MILES, which can't be made with 1.4.7 so these pulses haven't been pulsed with 1.4.7 for sure..

Hope everybody understands it now =]

EDIT:

bReChThOu Wrote:Lol what Pimorez says has nothing do to with this..

It has, read what BobL says: "or just not used a profile at all and used an older client = cheating/hacking." Wink

I hate cheaters :evil:

[Image: 186449.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  my league of legends in-game clicks/keys aren't being shown on the website Apl 0 369 09-17-2019 05:17 PM
Last Post: Apl
  Top users from Country Statistics and %country_rank% is difference? taglife 1 3,511 03-06-2011 10:07 PM
Last Post: taglife
  Merge profile keys? citricsquid 10 10,070 06-25-2009 04:59 PM
Last Post: Century0
  Bug when sorting users by miles Bloopy 3 4,204 03-13-2009 11:51 AM
Last Post: smitmartijn
  Keys are gone.. bReChThOu 2 3,985 01-29-2009 06:26 AM
Last Post: X-Kal