WhatPulse Forums » Community » General Discussion v » Uptime with multiple computers - abuse possible? Welcome back, Guest.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Uptime with multiple computers - abuse possible?
02-04-2013, 08:46 PM
RE: Uptime with multiple computers - abuse possible?
By completely different IP addresses, I meant IPs that belong to different ISPs/networks.

[Image: 152857.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2013, 10:12 AM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2013 07:51 PM by SwissAndi.)
this all sounds like the rules of what's considered cheating or being legit need to be clarified, at least when it comes to semi-automatic tasks like data transfers (up-/downloads, web servers, synchronizing, backups to the cloud,...) i.e.

punishing users with lots of machine power or sending in pulses from various locations would be the wrong way to go, i believe. same for making them turn off WhatPulse each time they leave their current workstation.

also, with WhatPulse 2, it's becoming difficult comparing statistics based on significantly different hardware setups, provider speeds or applications. it's like comparing the top speed of a Corvette to the maximum payload of a truck - which one is the better machine - or has the better driver? :-D

maybe having some more flexible statistics (averages instead of bare absolute values) would help getting us back into some "fair competition" for everyone.

cheers
SwissAndi
Find all posts by this user
02-08-2013, 07:00 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2013 07:09 PM by WinniPuh.)
You can read the following on the starting page of WhatPulse:

Interested in finding out just how much you type a day? Do you know which applications you use the most? Do you know which applications use the most bandwidth?

For me, WhatPulse is the easiest way to track different PC. I am the only person which can use the PCs ... and with WhatPulse I can see which PC needs the most bandwith ... this is important because the bandwith is not endless ... and the application part is also very interesting.

As some other people said: There are people outside in this world woh have one small car and others who have a lot of big cars. They can drive only with one at the same time (like the keystrokes because you can only sit on one PC) but if they have ten cars, they must also pay the insurance for all ten cars (it's like the amount you must pay for the power the PC need).

And one other point:

I think the main question should be: Why are you using WhatPulse?

Do you want to know what YOU are typing and clicking?
Or do you want to be the best of the best with the most clicks?

I think a fireworker could never be typing so much keys as for example a blogger, an author or a novelist ... so normaly you also must sort the statistics by job - otherwise it is also not fair.

ToM
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dude's got a lot of computers London_Ash 4 11,824 10-15-2016 11:20 PM
Last Post: JetSet
  2 computers - only one works - what am I doing wrong? k2eric 5 6,338 10-01-2012 03:11 PM
Last Post: X-Kal